Saturday, November 17, 2007

Always Someone Better

I'm a guitar player, although I didn't feel like much of one after taking in a Nickel Creek show this week. In fact, it would now be a stretch to call myself a musician.

Considerable appreciation should be lavished upon three such individuals who can turn heads with their vocal range while playing stringed instruments in rhythm sans percussion all while singing lyrics far superior to the underwhelming crap heard on pop stations everywhere.

Simply put: they kick ace.

And I'm not alone in my feelings. Today, a married male cohort unblushingly confessed a musical mancrush on Chris Thile. Yesterday, the Mrs. noted that the trio (http://nickelcreek.com/) is better than any three musicians on the planet.

I second both of those (mainly the second second).

No comments: