Friday, July 20, 2007

Brideless

My wife's a hottie.

Surprisingly, some of the mushy engagement feelings fade after only two short years of marriage. But I remain persuaded her absolute Babe-ness will stick around.

Tonight I'm waxing hormonal because she's gone and has been for the WHOLE last 24 hours.

Our annual family trip to Bull Shoals lake commenced three days earlier than my employer deemed necessary for my departure, so I had to stay behind. However, my wife Liz was able to catch the last stage out of Wichita via the parent's suburban. This left me brideless Thursday through Saturday. Yup, she left me hanging in our lonely duplex to galavant all over the Arkansas countryside with my parents, siblings and extended family .

They like her better than me anyway.

Things are offbeat when she's not around. I wasn't awakened to the hum of her blowdryer this morning. No 'I miss u' text messages at work today. No kisses at the door.

It felt wrong to sleep on her purple pillow last night. Wrong because that is Liz's special pillow. When she's in bed, Purpie (the pillow's name) can only be touched by her rightful owner.*

I cannot count on one hand the number of times the drowsy Mrs. has petitioned the retrieval of Purpie from the living room to the bedroom at some ungoldy hour because, "I can't get comfortable without her, and I need you to go get her because she's lonesome without me. "

Sometimes I curse Purpie.

I couldn't get comfortable without Liz last night, and I was lonesome without her. Her presence fills up a room, and the lack thereof makes it shrink.

I live in a smaller house tonight.


*The pillow is female. Although I have yet to spot genetalia, the zipper strikes me a bit male-looking which leads me to believe Purpie is kind of butch which leads me to believe we own a lesbian pillow.

No comments: